Heroes Assemble! A L.A.R.P adventure
West Stow Anglo Saxon Village, Icklingham Road, Bury St Edmunds IP28 6HG
- Next Event
- 6th April 10:00am - 6th April 4:00pm
- Following 1 Event
About this event
The Anglo-Saxon Village has been taken over by the raiders “Ulfhednars” and we need you to become a action Hero to save us, just like Beowulf himself.
Embark on a L.A.R.P Adventure (Live Action Role Play) with Rattlebox Theatre as you are guided through the Anglo Saxon Village at West Stow with a series of challenges.
Be trained up as warriors & hunters, learning how to search and find key components to craft tools and equipment to help on your Journey. Once in the village solve riddles and tasks to deepen your skills and knowledge, ready for a final challenge with the Troll Brothers.
• Suitable for ages 8-12yrs or 11-14 yrs
• Adventure approximately takes 90 minutes to complete.
• You must arrive 30 minutes before the scheduled start time, latecomers may not be able to take part.
• One Parent or Guardian accompanies free of charge. Additional “guests” can enter the Anglo-Saxon Village 50% off the entry fee (bookable separately)
• Max group size 25
• Parking at West Stow Country Park, see charges online
• No dogs permitted in the Saxon Village (assistance dogs only)
10:30 - ages 8 -12 years
12:45 - ages 8 -12 years
15:00 - ages 11 -14 years
Tickets: Child £12 (One Accompanying adults goes free)
Booking: Essential, please use the 'book tickets' button above or call the Apex Box Office on 01284 758000.
About the Venue
One of England's great archaeological sites, West Stow has extensive indoor galleries and a stunning recreation of an Anglo-Saxon village surrounded by unspoilt countryside.
West Stow Country Park features 125 acres of woods, heathlands, a river and a lake, plus nature trails, walks and an adventure playground.
Visitors to West Stow can explore history and nature, watch a film, dress up as an Anglo-Saxon or say hello to the rare breed pigs and chickens.
As part of the annual RingQuest event, you could even meet a Hobbit, among other Lord of the Rings characters!
West Stow regularly hold living history and event days, workshops, walks and talks, these sites and their events bring history to life.